Current Job Openings:
Marketing Assistant Position
Waterfront Partnership is the proud steward of Baltimore’s crown jewel, its Inner Harbor and Waterfront. We’re lean, nimble and effective; the only organization that wakes up every day, rolls its sleeves up and gets to work on new ways we can make Baltimore’s Waterfront even more active, attractive and appealing. We’re the hosts who greet visitors, the creators of programs and promotions and managers of our beautiful parks.
We encourage investment in Baltimore’s most celebrated asset so it can continue to grow, to serve as a place of pride and the place where Baltimoreans come together to recreate and to celebrate.
Waterfront Partnership is dedicated to creating an active and attractive Waterfront and a sustainable future for Baltimore’s world-class Waterfront.
The Marketing Assistant will work with the Director of Marketing, Events Manager, and Director of Special Projects to help implement the Organization’s marketing strategies. The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for supporting the marketing team in the administration and coordination required to plan and implement the Organization’s internal and external marketing activities. The role includes the following activities, but is not limited to:
• Responsible for database and CRM data entry and record maintenance
• Assist in the planning, design, and execution of email newsletters
• Assist with developing content, posting, and monitoring social media
• Update website with new content and events as needed
• Support event manager and staff with events (set-up, staffing)
• Assist with communication and outreach efforts to local constituents
• Support office with customer service such as answering phone and general email inquiries
Experience and other requirements:
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Social media (Facebook, Twitter, IG, Flickr) and WordPress skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites a plus (specifically InDesign, Illustrator Photoshop)
• Experience using a CRM system, desired
• Ability to pay attention to detail, multi task, take initiative and work independently
• Extremely well-organized and accurate
This is a full-time position currently available. New graduates are encouraged to apply. You can learn and grow working alongside a team of fun, compassionate skilled professionals. Compensation is commensurate with experience. WPB offers excellent benefits, including vacation time, 401(k) plan with employer match, health insurance partially funded by employer, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and flextime.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to Matt Shaffer at MattS@WaterfrontPartnership.org. Be sure to include “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about what it takes and current opportunities with our Operations Team here.